A Review of the Jesus Inspires Me activity and coloring book from Graham Blanchard

Monday, May 9, 2016





Alright, I will admit it - in the past several months I have spent way too much time finding good deals on journaling materials (think washi tape, colored pencils and way-overpriced drawing pens).   I have fallen in love with being creative on paper!  And my daughter has caught the bug too!  So...

I was happy to take a peek at this brand new Jesus Inspires Me coloring and activity book.  


This is a beautiful coloring and activity book to share with a child who loves to color in quiet moments together.

The book is very nicely designed with a combination of activity pages and really pretty creative coloring pages.  We had a lot of fun with color and shading on our pages.  Coloring pages include biblical truths and scriptures, activity pages include secret messages, connect the dots, mazes, etc.


The premise of this book is that it goes along with the Knowing My God series - featuring the familiar faces that children see in the board books series.  (I LOVE this series, here are my reviews of Jesus Shows Me and Jesus Helps Me.)  It helps connect what children are learning in the book series - wonderful truths about who they are, God's love for them, and how Jesus is a part of our every moment in this life.

Such meaningful books to put in the hands of our children!






Honestly - I love all the titles that I've read from Graham Blanchard

Some words from their website:

"Bringing a new soul into the world is a profoundly spiritual passage of life for new parents. We welcome you to a loving community of moms and dads, mentors, educators and pastors who have developed helpful resources to support your growing family’s spiritual life."

I adore the way this publisher categorizes their books into three groups - Learn, Absorb, Praise.  Jesus Helps Me is a 'learn' book by Callie Grant.  The book shares truth about how Christ helps us by using John 12:44-47 as the basis of the writing.


Jesus says, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.  I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

Yes!  What truth to plant into the hearts of our children.

The Jesus Inspires Me activity/coloring book is in the ABSORB category and is aimed at children age 4 and up.  My daughter is 9 and loved coloring the pages.  I'm much older than 9 and I enjoyed it right along with her! (smile)


Other noteable features from Graham Blanchard:

There are links to various book-tie-ins on Pinterest.

You can get a good look inside the book, by clicking here.

Also, Graham Blanchard offers a 'Free Tips for Parents' section for this book on their website.   This offers insight and ideas for engaging further with the book.  Ideas include things like, encouraging our children to engage their senses in worshiping God for His creation, visiting the sea (or waterfront) and comparing the various aspects of the boy's day to your child's experiences, talking to children about the idea of water and how oceans, lakes, rivers, etc. cover much of the earth.  I love these ideas!
Many of the books on the site include engaging ideas like these in the Tips for Parents sections. What a great tool for applying these books to our children's lives!


You could absolutely use these Knowing My God books as 'curriculum' for younger children.  

They are such GREAT quality books, not only beautiful to look at but full of biblical truth and enriching content.  Your children will be introduced to the foundations of faith, scripture, nature study, science, the animal kingdom, relationships, and object lessons (learning spiritual truths through physical examples).  I highly, highly recommend these books.  WELL worth the investment.

Just take a look at this detailed chart of the Scope and Sequence of this series!






Right now, if you visit GrahamBlanchard.com, you can sign up to receive a free ebook, called, Spiritual Parenting in the First Five Years.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground