Staying Present {a whisper about unplugging to plug in to what matters}

Monday, October 26, 2015



Have you lived the struggle of staying present in your home?   


I sure have.  

I know how so many Moms feel.  I've lived those days when the exhaustion sets in, selfishness wins, and distractions take over.  Especially the distractions.


And don't we live in a world full of time-wasting distractions?

Part of the reason I long so deeply to be more 'unplugged' is so I can 'plug in' to what matters.   

Because our culture urges us to live in fast-forward, blasting through the days.  The laundry, the sports team, the dinner, the play date, the appointments, the cleaning, the this, the that, the phone, the email, the Facebook... always something to do and something to check.

I wonder though, when we're taking our last breaths here on earth, what will we reflect upon?  And we're all going to get there.  We'll all come to the end.

What will be our regrets?  I'm sure we won't wish we'd cleaned more toilets or signed the kids up for more sports teams.  Or checked more text messages, or uploaded more images...


{To read more, will you join me over at Hip Homeschool Moms?}



You might also enjoy this post: Living Hands Free





No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground