Learning to 'let them be'

Monday, October 14, 2013

I often feel like I’ve stumbled through the past 8 years of parenting.  There have been so many ups and down and boy, have I had a LOT of lessons to learn. I’m still learning them daily.  But there’s a few that stick out as ‘life changers’ in my mind, and this is one of them-
 

I’ve learned, when they are engaged in something positive, children need to be left alone.

 

As a homeschooling Mom, I live this philosophy every single day.  To be clear, I’m not talking about leaving them to do ‘nothing’ for hours on end.  This is about spending lots of time engaging with the children and learning along side them but then, being in tune with when they are happily engaged with play, work, learning and exploration on their own.  And in that awareness,  choosing to let them be as they are.  If they are engaged, enlightened, naturally content and learning independently, I 'let them be'...

To read more, join me at The Better Mom.



 
 
 
 
Linked In: 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hopping over to the better mom link- can't wait to read the rest ; )

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground