I wanted to post a list of some of the incredible books I've been reading.
If you care about your and your family's health (and I know you do), I would really encourage you to borrow these titles from your local library. Read them with an open mind, and they could change your life. I will post a lot more about our family's health journey in the coming days/weeks.
Alright, here is my list of must read books about nutrition. Yes, they are very pro-plant based diet.
These books have changed the way I view food and I hope they can do the same for you. I'm sure there are many, many more. I'll add them as I read them!
The top four are my biggest recommendations. They are by far the best books I read on this topic.
- The China Study by T. Colin Campbell (Must-read!)
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World by J. Morris Hicks (This is probably my favorite of the bunch for it's ease of reading and great information/inspiration.)
- Food Revolution by John Robbins
- Diet for a New American by John Robbins
- No More Bull! by Howard F. Lymen
- Forks over Knives (The How-to Companion the Documentary)
- No Happy Cows by John Robbins
- Food Inc. (The Participants Guide)
- Let Them Eat Junk! by Robert Albritton
- The End of Food by Thomas Pawlick
- Disease-Proof Your Child by Joel Fuhrman
- Fat Chance, beating the odds against SUGAR, PROCESSED FOOD, OBESITY, and DISEASE by Robert H. Lustig
- The Crazy Makers, how the food industry is destroying our brains and harming our children by Carol Simontacchi
- Whole Foods to Thrive by Brendan Brazier
- SALT, SUGAR, FAT, how the food giants hooked us... by Michael Moss
Some documentaries you might want to watch:
- Earthlings (caution - there is some seriously disturbing footage in this doc, so be careful when you watch and if you're sensitive, you may choose to opt out. But, this is TRUTH, friends. I forced myself to watch.)
- Forks Over Knives
- Food, Inc.
If you have any more books or documentaries about plant-based eating, please, add them in the comments!