Upside Down Culture

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

“At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.  We will be judged by 'I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.'”
-Mother Teresa
The culture of today is all about increaseI must increase my education, my status, my income, my stuff.  This is the true measure of worldly success.  But as Christians, we are called to something completely different.


At the last supper before Jesus was crucified, He washed His disciples' feet.  The culture of the day said it was the lowest among them who should wash feet.  The servant.  The slaveBut Jesus turns culture upside down, getting on His knees, showing true servanthood to His followers.  I can almost feel the tension in the room as Peter argues with Jesus, not wanting the Lord to wash his dirty, smelly, desert battered toes.

Read the rest over at The Better Mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground