Stop.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

just a little while.I just finished reading Katie Davis' book, "Kisses from Katie".  If you haven't read it, I strongly encourage you to purchase a copy, get out your highlighter and tissues, and go to town.

The reading of this book coupled with so many other things going on right now - and I truly feel at this unexplainable place in my life.  My husband feels the same.  And we're looking at each other and wondering just what our Lord has in store for us.  Just what might come, if we are open to obeying His word and His whispers.







Never before have I been at such a powerful crossroads.  Life is fragile, I know this.  We are called, I know this too.  Even called by name.  And God is slowly revealing His plan for me, for us, for our family.  It's beautiful and crazy and wild and confusing, and completely indecipherable one day and so very clear the next. 

I've come to a point where I'm hearing whispers of Stop. 

Stop?   Yes, stop.  Stop trying so hard to come up with something to say, something to write, something to proove a point about.  And start focusing those hours on Him. 

Stop talking, and start listening.  Stop writing for everyone else, and start writing private love notes to God.  Start seeking with everything in me so that He may reveal His whole and perfect plan.
Stop and listen to the breeze and the children's laughter, and the children I can't see but know are suffering.  Open your heart in a new, fresh way.

So, forgive me if I'm quite absent from these pages for a while.  I love writing here, but I'm choosing to Stop for, well, I'm not sure how long.  To truly unplug from here (... imagine!  The irony!) - and to wholly, passionately, fully plug-in to the One who has all the answers and wants desperately to direct our ways. 

I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  (Phil. 3)




"I was coming to understand that what it means to be real is to love and be loved until there is nothing left.  And when there's nothing left, and we feel we're all in pieces, God begins to make us whole.  He makes us real.  His love sets us free and transforms us."

"Nowhere in the Bible does it say that I deserve a reward here on earth.  Colosians 3:23 says, 'Whatever you do work at it with all your heart.'  It does not end in, 'and after this hard work you deserve a long hot bath and some 'me' time.'  It does end with, 'since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.'

Reflecting on this from the Word of God:

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 

 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.





3 comments:

  1. Are you saying your quitting blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and am so glad you wrote it even though I know it's for you, God has used you in a powerful way for me too. I sense so much beneath your cautious words and am so excited to watch this journey unfold for you. I know that longing and I imagine we are on a similar rocky but beautiful path. This is something I could have written myself.

    "Never before have I been at such a poweful crossroads. Life is fragile, I know this. We are called, I know this too. Even called by name. And God is slowly revealing His plan for me, for us, for our family. It's beautiful and crazy and wild and confusing, and completely indecipherable one day and so very clear the next."

    So stop, and be and love and pray and then come back when God has released you to share and tell us about your crazy ride! Rejoicing with you. Eagerly awaiting.
    Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jessie - I love your encouragement! Blessings and hugs to you! And to fGs - no, not quitting, just taking a little break. :)

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground