Not By Chance

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This week, we've been studying the Solar System.  What a reminder of just how small we really are.  Never mind our province, country, continent... no, we're comparing ourselves to the GALAXY.



The vast, mysterious Universe created by God's very breath.  I'm awed at the magnitude of God's size, strength, ability.  And awakened to my notable weakness, inability, and well, microscopic existence.

It is easy to see how many people would feel helpless, useless in a world THIS big.  Not even a speck on the inconceivable map of our big wide world.  And isn't that the message most secular venues give children?  Whether it is subconscious, hidden, whispered, or blatant, the message remains.  The world says, this universe happened by chance.  Everything by chance.  The galaxies - just a miracle of science.  The planet, it flew together somehow over billions of years.  And you?  Well... you're just a random act of evolution.
But the notion that we are insignificant is a lie woven deep into the fabric of modern-day society, schooling, higher 'education', and mainstream media. 

Instead, how awesome - the Truth:
"For in Him, all things were created, everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through Him and for Him..."  Col. 1:16



O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.   Psalm 139


This truth... the God of the Universe not only formed the galaxies but also knit me together.  HE made me.  Me.  My husband.  My children. And He made you.

Reading some secular material about our world almost makes me feel ill.  This world is not by chance.  There was no hap-hazard big 'bang'.  The complexity and perfect design of the planets, moons, orbits, stars, asteroid belts... Earth.  All this didn't just 'bang' into happening.  It wasn't by chance.  This mind-boggling Universe was created and that same creator wishes to have a relationship with little me and little you.  Let that soak.  Breathe it in.

He who causes the buds to burst in Spring, He who created land, oceans, plants, streams, the flowers...  those little people who keep my heart bursting like the beautiful buds...  THAT God wants me to talk to Him.  Wants us to talk to Him.  That God created me for a purpose.  Created you for a purpose. 

Just like the universe is not by chance,
neither are we.

What life to breathe into our children (and ourselves).  Child, you may feel small, but by God's grace you are never hopeless.  You are made for a reason - a divine purpose.  God loves you, knows you, calls you His own.  You have a place with Him forever.  This Earth is magnificent, yes... but even more magnificent is the place He is creating for His family in Heaven.  God has plans for you - to lift you up.  To give you LIFE and LIFE abundant.  We need to cherish these fleeting Earth moments - so we can thank Him for it all.  Imagine all this beauty - a gift from our Creator.  Yes, the same Creator who molded the planets in his palm.  Like my son rolls play-dough.  It was that easy.  That amazing.

Yes, child.  You were created on purpose.  Not by chance.  Not by a 'big bang'.  Not by evolution.  But by the One True God.  And you, yes you, will meet Him one day.  And He will embrace you so warmly, I'm sure you'll melt right into Him.

These are the lessons we 'teach' about our Solar System. About our world. This is what truly matters. This is the good stuff. The life giving, Truth breath we all crave. That we can actually find an answer to that pesky question... "Why am I here?"   Another reason why we educate at home... I can guarantee the school system isn't teaching THIS.






"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you, not harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."  Jer. 29:11

He is the Great Scientist.  Just like Proverbs says, I can't lean on my own understanding.  Instead, I trust in Him and in all my ways (including the ways we discuss the Solar System) acknowledge Him. 
I know He will make our path straight...  because only He has the road map.  And this journey is not by chance.  Be filled with hope today, friends.



As for me and my house... we will teach our children they were not by chance, but by design.    We want our children to be filled with hope, light, and the Truth of God.  Even sitting around a kitchen table in morning sunlight, they are learning - they are here, just like the planets, by His divine design.



Linked in:

Titus Tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I loved this post! It has me in tears. What a blessing to get to teach our children truth, what a gift! Bless you Cassandra.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground