Dressing to Attract (Post at The Better Mom)

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Today I'm talking about modesty over at the Better Mom...


I mean, what are we to do with culture when it comes to what we wear?

As Moms, how do we honor God, our children, our husbands, and ourselves? Where do we stand in this mess that says ‘hot moms’ have it all and frumpy ones should just stay home in their jogging pants and save the world the unwanted view. Really, where do we stand?

Come join the discussion at The Better Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Cassandra,
    I have been taking your words to heart for quite some time and never properly thanked you for your willingness to share your conviction and put forth such an effort. You are appreciated and I thank God for your gift of timely writing!! God bless you and yours. Thank you.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog through pinterest and I'm loving it! You are an excellent writer. I'm a horrible writer, so I love coming across people who say the things I'm thinking but don't know how to express. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little surprised that you didn't draw any correlation between women needing to "stay hot" and the divorce rate. In the age of easy divorce, people are more concerned about maintaining "game". Either as a tool to manipulate their spouse with the "I'm hot. You would be easily replaced and you better shape up." or as a defense against being left. In the time we are living in, it is not uncommon to be suddenly abandoned and having to attract a new mate is commonplace through life.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground