Top 10 Reasons to Toss your TV.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Alright, here they are - my top 10 reasons why you should get rid of your Television for good!  (These are all our family's personal reasons as to why we made the big toss several years ago).  We've never looked back!



1. You value your time on earth and want to use it fully and purposefully.  

2.  You care deeply about the minds and hearts of the people in your family.

3. You want to be closer to your husband/wife and children. 

4. You would like to stay away from a consumerist, materialistic life-style.  

5. You value that you and your family members be free-thinkers. 

6. You want to shelter yourself, your spouse, and your children from violence, lust, and negative influences.

7. You want to live an active, healthy life-style.

8. You would like your children to value the simple things in life.

9. You want to live a life focused on others.

10. You want to live a life focused on God. 

5 comments:

  1. We just canceled our Dish Network service about a week ago. :) We still kept our TVs, though, for watching DVDs (I have my favorite classic TV shows on DVD- I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, etc.).

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on... I think it's all about CHOOSING what you watch. When you actively choose, rather than 'clicking' the channels, you're far more likely to make better choices - at least, that's what we've found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole-heartedly with this, however, all the things you see on tv, you can see on the internet. Granted the kids don't get this what about parents. I know my downfall is wanting what everyone else has and my husband has his but both can be found on the internet as well...so my point I guess is what do you do about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW found you on MOB...my blog is http://homeschoolingjungle.blogspot.com if you are interested in checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monkey's Mommy - I've been toying with writing a post specific to internet. But, I just haven't done it yet! This is giving me the motivation to go ahead. For us, Internet is just as dangerous, actually, more dangerous than TV. It truly is. Because our kids are only 3, 4, and 6, the real nitty-gritty stuff of the Internet has not affected them terribly because they are barely online... and if they are, I'm beside them. I do believe in passwording everything and I don't think children and teens should have computer access unless parents are home. I think safeguards are a great idea - I need to do more research. Hmmm... I think this is a good time for a post! :) There is more about Internet if you click on the "Media-Free Bedrooms Movement" on the right side of the site under "Media and Pop-Culture". Thanks for reading... Keep on checking back for a post specifit to your question~ :)

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground